- 30 pieces of chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika (smoked)
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- Sauce with honey and garlic:
- a quarter cup of soy sauce
- mirin (2 tbsp.)
- half a cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of liquid
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- a quarter teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- Seeds of sesame
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Using paper towels, dry the wings until they are fully dry.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the rub ingredients, then add the wings and mix well. Olive oil should be used to grease it.
Place aluminium foil on a baking sheet, then parchment paper on top, and arrange chicken wings in a single layer, using two baking sheets if necessary. Bake for 35 minutes, then turn and bake for another 20 minutes.
Sauce with honey and garlic:
Meanwhile, in a small pan over medium heat, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to low heat and continue to cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
Combine the wings and the sauce in a mixing bowl:
We take the wings out of the oven, coat them with sauce, and put them back in for another 10 minutes, turning them after 5 minutes on the other side.
For a few minutes, roast it.
Allow 10 minutes for cooling. The sauce thickens as it cools. Until the sauce thickens, turn the wings every few minutes to cover them with it.