OLD FASHIONED BUTTERMILK PIE
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until thick and well combined.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the melted butter to the sugar mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Add the butter/sugar mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 55 minutes (your time may be different, depends on the oven).
- Let the pie cool completely.
- Devour. (Serve chilled or at room temp).
- Can I use my own pie crust vs a store bought pie crust? You bet your butt you can! If you need help, here is my favorite pie crust recipe from my friend Amy at House of Nash Eats.
- Is Buttermilk Pie supposed to be runny? Nope, it will set and be easily sliceable. It will still be a little jiggly when you remove it from the oven, but it needs time to cool and set. If yours is runny – it’s underbaked! You want the filling to be loose/wobbly (kind of like a thick custard) when you tap it, but not runny and the top to be VERY lightly browned.
- Should this pie be refrigerated? Yes, after it cools to room temperature, cover an store in the refrigerator.
- Is Buttermilk Pie and Chess Pie the same? No! A Buttermilk Pie is a creamy custard pie and does not include cornmeal (Chess Pie typically does).
- Worried about spillage, getting the pie to the oven? Place the pie pan on a baking sheet before adding the filling.
📌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐒
GROUP facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/236970775169379/?ref=share
GROUP whatsapp : https://chat.whatsapp.com/KrDBxIn5RN690VMsTkf2NA
GROUP telegram : https://t.me/lookingarecipe